About Walker Brothers, Inc.
Since the mid-1800s, Walker Brothers, Inc. has been a family owned agricultural business. Today, the fifth-generation owners have vast experience and knowledge of the asparagus industry. We strive to produce high quality hybrid asparagus seed and provide our customers from around the world with outstanding knowledge and customer service.
- 45 years of fresh market asparagus production
- 35 years of crown asparagus production
- One of the largest crown asparagus producers in the United States
- 30 years of hybrid asparagus seed production
- Worldwide sales and consulting experience
- Access to worldwide network of asparagus industry and research specialists
Sales and Marketing Manager
Scott works with customers new and old to answer all asparagus questions. He also helps with variety evaluation for new hybrids from the Walker Breeding Program.
Seed Production Manager
Michael oversees the Walker Breeding Program by evaluating new hybrids and traveling to different countries to meet with growers and researchers. He also manages seed inventory and orders.
Jim runs the day-to-day field operations of the family farm, including annual spear harvest and strawberry plug production for the plasticulture system.
" We have been doing business with Walker Brothers for decades. As serious full time growers, we need access not only to quality asparagus seed, but also to dependable knowledge and practical experience. Walker Brothers offer us all of this. We value our relationship with Walker Brothers. "
-Kurt Alstede, Alstede Farms, Chester, NJ