Why Grande F1?
- Early and vigorous growth
- Excellent yielder early through late in the cutting season
- Very attractive medium-large to large diameter spears (larger than Atlas F1, Apollo F1 and UC 157 F1)
- Green with little purple coloration on the bud scales, tip and butt
- For use in both green and white production
- Very tight heads for smooth appearance; cylindrical shape with slight tapering spear tips
- Maintains very tight head under warm to hot growing conditions
- Can be grown under plastic tunnels even in warm to hot conditions
- High tolerance to fusarium, rust, blight and other foliar diseases
- Free of AV II
- Preferable cultivation in warm to hot growing conditions even under plastic tunnels
- Phomopsis asp. can be prevented when grown under plastic tunnels
- For green spear production, a planting depth of 15cm is normally practiced
- Recommended planting density for green asparagus is 26,000 – 30,000 plants per hectare; for white asparagus is 18,000 – 22,000 plants per hectare
Grande F1 is tested for genetic purity and seed block inspected and certified by the California Crop Improvement Association, ensuring you receive the highest quality asparagus seeds.
" We grow Grande due to the following reasons: First, its yielding ability is high and stable, and it produces good quality spears. The percentage of premium spears is high. Second, it has high disease resistance. Third, the variety is good for storage and transport. From the third year of growth, yield of Grande increases year by year. "
-Peihua Ao, General Manager of Xinjie Agriculture Technology Co. Ltd., Changxing, Zhejiang