Purple Passion F1
Why Purple Passion F1?
- Suitable for growing in cool to warm climates
- Burgundy colored
- Low fiber spear with creamy green interior
- Tightly compressed bud scales with tight, rounded tip
- Later spear production protects from early frost damage
- Mild and sweet tasting with 20% greater sugar content than green spears
- Large diameter spears (larger than Atlas F1, Apollo F1, UC 157 F1, and Grande F1)
- Tolerant to fusarium but susceptible to rust
- Great for specialty and gourmet retail markets and restaurant trade
- Possible cultivation in cool to warm climates
- Recommended planting density as for green asparagus, i.e. 26,000 – 30,000 plants per hectare
- A planting depth of 15cm is normally practiced
Purple Passion F1 is a mild, sweet tasting spear, making it a great addition to specialty retail markets. Purple Passion is tested for genetic purity and seed block inspected, ensuring you receive the highest quality asparagus.
" We are very happy with the purple asparagus. The color is strong; the stems are nicely closed as well as thick. "
-Stav Hassidov, Sharabi Farm, Israel