Why Apollo F1?
- Early vigorous hybrid
- Medium to large diameter spears
- Attractive dark green spears with slight purple at tip and butt of spear
- Cylindrical shaped spears with slight tapering and overall smooth appearance
- Well received in the fresh, processing and freezing industries
- Very tight heads under cool to warm growing conditions
- High tolerance to fusarium and rust
- Moderate tolerance to blight
- Free of AV II
- Possible cultivation in cool to warm climates
- For green spear production, a planting density of 15cm is normally practiced
- Recommended planting density for green asparagus is 26,000 – 30,000 plants per hectare
Apollo F1 is an early, vigorous hybrid asparagus variety for use in fresh, processing and freezing industries. Apollo F1 is tested for genetic purity and seed block inspected and certified by the California Crop Improvement Association, ensuring you receive the highest quality asparagus seeds.
" We love the Apollo F1 for northern Mexico. It has large, attractive spears for our fresh market needs. The yields are fantastic! "
-Jose Gonzalez, Texas, USA