Why Atlas F1™?
- Early, vigorous and excellent yielder
- When grown under tunnels, becomes an early type
- 20-50% higher yielding than UC 157 F1
- Medium to large green spears with slight purple at the tip and butt
- For use in both green and white production
- Tightly headed for smooth appearance; tapering spears with cylindrical shape
- Maintains tight head under hot growing conditions
- Tolerant to fusarium, rust, blight and cercospora foliar diseases
- Free of AV II
- For green spear production, a planting depth of 15cm is normally practiced
- Preferable cultivation in temperate to warm climate
- Growing under plastic tunnels can significantly improve early performance and be protected from Phomopsis asp. disease
- Recommended planting density for green asparagus is 26,000 – 30,000 plants per hectare; for white asparagus is 18,000 – 22,000 plants per hectare
Atlas F1™ is an excellent high-yielding asparagus variety for use in both green and white production. Atlas F1™ is tested for genetic purity and seed block inspected and certified by the California Crop Improvement Association, ensuring you receive the highest quality asparagus seeds.
" I would like to comment that our experience with Atlas F1™ in the sandy soils of the coast of Peru has been very good. This variety is well adapted to our environment, it shows a vigorous plant, with high number of stems, less susceptible to fusarium and with high yields. It is a variety that has performed very well in fields that were previously planted with asparagus. "
-Pedro Cisneros Z, Talsa, Trujillo, Peru